Left: The Remedy Building, 402 W. Washington Street. The building, originally built in 1895 by Albert H. Kelley was an office and laboratory for his patent medicine firm, the South Bend Remedy Company. It originally stood on the southwest corner of LaSalle Avenue and Lafayette Boulevard. The South Bend Tribune's press building is today. After the Remedy Company closed in 1928 the building was used for a variety of offices. In 1988 the building was moved to the northwest corner of Colfax Avenue and William Street. The Queen Anne/ Classical Revival style building was moved again in 2002 to the present location. Towards the end of the 19th century, seven to eight patent medicine companies called South Bend, Indiana home. The Remedy Building is the sole survivor. It will be the new home of the Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana's northern regional office. Right: Close up view of the ornate limestone details.
South Bend Central High School
South Bend Central High School. Picture is looking north from Washington Street.
Two more views of old Central High School, circa 2003. Left: The main entrance. Right: View of the Washington Street side (south wall) and mosaics.
| South Bend Main | Historic
Homes | Historical Industries | Historical
Railroad Stations |
| Oliver Plow Works | Studebaker Works | South Bend Fire Dept. |